Identify and recognize clip in your image. Our image recognition tool uses machine learning and will also identify other objects found in your image. You can also select and vary the detection confidence and the number of objects that you want to detect.
Drop an image here
click to browse
The word and object 'clip' has a frequency score of 3.75 out of 7, which means that it is not a very popular word, but is used quite frequently in the english.
According to the english dictionary, some meanings of 'clip' include:
- cultivate, tend, and cut back the growth of (verb)
- sever or remove by pinching or snipping (verb)
- terminate or abbreviate before its intended or proper end or its full extent (verb)
- run at a moderately swift pace (verb)
- a metal frame or container holding cartridges, can be inserted into an automatic gun (noun)
- an instance or single occasion for some event (noun)
- the act of clipping or snipping (noun)
- an article of jewelry that can be clipped onto a hat or dress (noun)
- any of various small fasteners used to hold loose articles together (noun)
- a sharp slanting blow (noun)
- attach with a clip (verb)
Top 5 Uses of Image Recognition
Technology has undoubtedly become an essential part of our lives, and machine learning is acting as the protagonist behind all these latest tech advancements.
Visual recognition is one of the finest and most accessible applications of machine learning that has changed the way people perceive and operate in the world. It has grown to be so effective because it uses deep learning algorithms that are designed to resemble the way a human mind works. These algorithms make computers capable of recognizing different elements in an image.
Image recognition is offering exciting opportunities similar to the ones that we only used to see in science fiction movies and is running our imagination wild. Let’s have a look at some of the great uses of image recognition in different sectors:
5 Best Uses of Image Recognition
Automated Photo Organization
This photo organization system is the most popular application of image recognition that you experience almost daily – organizing your photos on the phone. If you pay attention to your mobile’s gallery, you’ll see a different library of photos based on your memories or visual topics, from personal issues to landscapes.
Besides just offering photo storage, all of the smartphones are going a step ahead by providing people better search and discovery features to organize their extensive database of photos. They have integrated image recognition APIs that identify patterns in pictures and group them accordingly.
Visual Search to Discover Products
Visual search has taken the e-commerce industry to the next level. Many online retailers have experienced increased sales and growth as they introduced the feature of visual product search for their customers.
For example, you are standing at a store, and some product catches your attention. You want to know all the details of this product. That’s where visual search shows its magic. It allows you to take an image of the product using the app of that store. You will then be directed to the online product page that contains all the necessary information about that product.
Face Recognition on Social Media
I hope you all are familiar with Facebook’s face recognition feature for tagging people in photos. This photo tagging is one of the most used application of image recognition.
Whenever you upload a photo, Facebook recognizes the objects and people being in there, before you even write a description. This feature is made possible because of computer vision that distinguishes different objects, food, facial expressions, and landscapes based on smart algorithms. Besides tagging, image recognition is also used for translating visual content to visually impaired users as well as identify inappropriate or abusive images.
Food Recognition Technology
You will see another even more exciting use of image recognition in the food industry. There’s a company called SRI that uses images of foods to provide nutritional information using computer vision. This technology offers two kinds of data: recognizing food and estimating the volume of food. The data is then utilized to process information about the food, portion size, as well as the nutritional value.
Behavior Monitoring in Classrooms
It is interesting to know that image recognition has made its way into classrooms as well. Some classes may use facial recognition to monitor the behavior of students. In this case, with the help of a facial recognition camera that scans the students in a classroom following a specified interval. The system records all the activities, including writing, reading, leaning on the desk, raising hands, movement of faces, and the emotions of the pupils.
- Image Recognition Overview
- What is Machine Learning?
- Top 5 Uses of Image Recognition
- Are Machines becoming Smarter than Humans?
- Rising Popularity of Image Recognition
- Image Recognition Trends
- Prevent Crime and Improve Security with Facial Recognition
- Image Recognition in Medical Use
- Image Recognition Software on Cloud Platforms
- Image Recognition is Transforming Business
- Facial Recognition for Brand Awareness
- Image Recognition on Facebook
- Future of Image Recognition